Yes, this is too easy with the headlines that US and Iraqi troops have just missed him two or three times in the past two weeks. But I have a soft stop for gut things, and George Bush is on a roll.
- First, Condi and Gonzalez have been confirmed.
- The stock market continues to improve.
- The State of the Union address was the best he's given so far.
- The Iraqi elections were an overwhelming success.
- Afghanistan is a democracy.
- Social Security reform seems probable as the Democrat demogoguery has eased since last night.
- Saddam's trial will begin soon.
You put all of these things together and they add up to a winning streak for the POTUS. Zarqawi will fall soon.
Bin Laden, though, seems to be another story. I suspect he is safe so long as he stays in Pakistan.