According to Saddam Hussein's personal MSM reporter, Peter Arnett, Uday Hussein was only days away from toppling his father when the US invaded the country.
Given Uday's history of masochism, murder, rape, and mayhem, the Iraqi people are damn lucky the US showed up when it did. Here's Wikipedia's brief rundown of some of Uday's more famous attrocities against humanity:
- As head of the Iraqi Olympic Committee, Uday oversaw the imprisonment and torture of Iraqi athletes who were deemed not to have performed to expectations. According to widespread reports, torturers beat and caned the soles of the soccer players' feet. The experience is intensely painful, but leaves no marks on the rest of the body.
- A former member of the French foreign ministry claimed that Uday and his bodyguards had forced their way into the hotel room of a French couple and forced them at gunpoint to perform sex acts so that Uday could video tape them for later re-viewing.
- A former Uday look-alike who had served in the past as a body double, now living in the West, claimed that Uday was unable to perform sexually without causing pain and drawing blood from his sexual partners. The double said that Uday had raped numerous women, including a visiting Russian ballerina.
- Uday has purchased or stolen approximately 1200 luxury automobiles, including a Rolls-Royce Corniche valued at over $200,000.Uday is reported to have arrived at a polling station during a referendum on his father's regime in a pink Rolls-Royce.
Other allegations include:
- Uday feeding victims into a wood-chipping machine, or throwing them into an acid vat. No evidence of such torture has been found.
- Uday kidnapping young, attractive Iraqi women from the streets in order to rape them. No evidence of this allegation has been produced either.
Of course, Arnett wants us to feel remorse for having interfered in the natural order of dictatorial families. But Arnett is a crackpot. We should feel nothing but increased pride in having spared Iraq the ascendance of this beast.