Feeling confident, relaxed, and complete is a dream. Many people believe it's an impossible dream. I'm learning otherwise. I'm into my third month of acquiring positive habits with Leo Babauta's Zen to Done method. At the same time, I'm working the 30 day challenge. What I've learned so far is that I hold onto too much.
- I carried around anger and frustration over missed goals and failed or abandoned projects
- I vilified good people (in my mind) because I wanted to get my way all the time about everything
- I sabotaged myself by trying to do everything anyone asked of me
- I was afraid to look weak, and that fear weakened me
The faultering economy, no doubt, led me to Zen Habits, which led me to Zen to Done, which led me to "The Power of Less," which led me to the Sedona Method, which led me here. I plan to keep going. You can, too. Misery might love company, but awakening bliss loves it more. The difference is that bliss can take being alone but misery cannot.
Here's my prescription for anyone who feels weak, overwhelmed, over-burdened, tired, angry, wronged, hurt, behind schedule, afraid, or lonely:
- Today: Visit Zen Habits and poke around once this weekend
- Week 1: Commit to visiting Zen Habits once a day for 20 minutes 3 days next week
- Week 2: Visit The Power of Less for 20 minutes 3 days and decide if you'd like to read the book
- Week 3: Buy "The Power of Less" and read it. (It took me only two days to read it, but I read fast)
- Week 4: Join the 30 Day Challenge to adopt any good habit you desire
In just 4 weeks you'll be on your way to a fuller life with less. It's a better way to live. Many people around will thank you for the commitment.
*UPDATE* The Power of Less is now #47 on Amazon's Hottest Releases list. Congratulations, Leo!