In 2008, we heard all about the youth movement for Obama. We heard that the enormous Millennial Generation, born between 1982 and 2001, would destroy the GOP and everything America once stood for--like jobs, family, faith, and hard work. And when Obama won, many believed the tales of the Obama Youth.
But many were wrong. Voters under 30 have had it with vague promises and glittering bullshit from that punk from Chicago.
Meet Crossroads Generation (XG for short). Crossroads Generation is a great sign for America's future. XG's existence shows that Millennials understand how the world works and are willing to fix problems when they arise, just like the 13 previous American generations.
Here's the stuff that has Millennials up in arms:
- Student load debt exceeds $1 trillion, and the cost of education is increase twice as fast as healthcare
- One-third of college graduates are unemployed
- 42% of college grads under 30 have returned to their parents' homes
- 1/2 of young people didn't go to work on a given day of the week
- Unemployment rate among Millennials is 25%, double that of any other group, including blacks
Obama promised 5.5% unemployment by 2012. He promised to hold unemployment under 8.0 with the Stimulus. Obama failed. Obama made it worse. And millions of frustrated young people who want to work but can't are holding him accountable.
If the world's debt-driven economy tanks this year (and there's a 50% chance), Obama be driven out on a rail. His champions, the Millennials, will do the driving.
ACTION: If you know anyone under the age of 30, send them this link: http://crossroadsgeneration.com/