If you can’t find full-time work, blame Obamacare.
One reason the Middle Class has shriveled and wages shrunk over the the past four years is underemployment. People want full time work, but settle for anything. And anything is usually part time.
Most of the fantastic new jobs created since the 2009 have been part-time jobs.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, 14.6% of Americans want a full-time job but settle for part-time. The problem is far worse in states like Illinois, at 16.3%. Meanwhile, Gallup shows underemployment at 16% nationally.
Obamacare Discourages Full-Time Jobs
The Wall Street Journal knows why people can’t find full-time work, and it’s Obamacare:
Some low-wage employers are moving toward hiring part-time workers instead of full-time ones to mitigate the health-care overhaul’s requirements that large companies provide health insurance for full-time workers or pay a fee.
This is typical of government intervention. Government central planning usually hurts the people it tries to help.
(Stick “Central Planning” into your vocabulary. It’s the reason the economy sucks.)
When a government program fails, the government has only one recourse: demand even more power and more control.
Here’s How To Fix Healthcare
If you want to promote health and discourage sickness, turn “the insured” into the “the market.” Turn patients into healthcare consumers. Let people make market decisions about their healthcare.
By exposing consumers to the real costs of healthcare, two things will happen:
- Healthcare decisions, including lifestyle, will improve.
- Healthcare costs will fall under market pressure.
- Quality of outcomes will increase, because poor performers and low-percentage treatments will exit the market.
- Young and low-skilled workers hit hardest as 'underemployment' rises... (moneyplusgroupthedebtpeople.wordpress.com)
- Obama Slashes Four Hours Off Definition of "Full-Time" Employment (globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com)
- If all you need is a part time job to survive, vote Obama 2012 (legalinsurrection.com)
- Underemployed: Wages for Generation Y are Steadily Declining (staffingpowerusa.wordpress.com)
- Obama's Real Unemployment Rate Is 14.7%, And A Recession's On The Way (forbes.com)
- Obamanamics Explained (globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com)
- IRS Regulations Verify More People Doomed to Part Time Employment, says Crown's Chuck Bentley (sacbee.com)