“ABC News now projects that President Obama will go down to defeat.”
He couldn’t bring himself to say, “Romney won” or “Republicans won.” He just couldn’t.
The network analysis was a political cliché run amok. My favorite came from James Carville who told CNN viewers that the election result “proves that crackers and racists vote.”
Andrea Mitchell: “Usually in a democracy, you get the government you deserve. In this case, America reject the government so desperately needs.”
Wolff Blitzer: “The Obama era’s days are numbered, and America’s might be, too.”
As map turned red in key states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, North Carolina, and Florida, the anchors turned a sickly shade of white on NBC, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, and CBS. Jesse Jackson announced on CNN that “I am too distraught to rhyme because this election was a wrongdoing.”
Here’s how it came about.
- Obama ate dog. Sure, Romney gave into his dog’s desire to ride on the roof of the car, but Obama ATE dog. Dog meat turns off voters.
- Romney Ran Right. Independents want a president with commitment and competence. They are right of center, but they’ll vote left if the right disappoints. Candy-ass centrist Republicans disappointment, so they vote for the Dem. But Romney ran toward the right, locking in the Reagan Democrats and independents.
- Obama’s presidency was incompetent, narcissistic, arrogant, and anti-American. That’s not a good combination.
- Popular and effective conservative governors, Senators, and representatives did a fabulous job promoting other conservatives instead of running up their own scores or buying favors from moderates.
- Ron Paul visibly worked for Romney and Republicans on the under card.
- The Supreme Court rules Obama attempted, and failed, to corrupt the Constitution through Obamacare, uncovering for many Obama’s authoritarian aims.
- The economy sputtered.
- Some Democrats, fearing the gallows of history, refused to endorse or openly abandoned Obama.
- Tea Partiers realized that four more year of Obama would leave their children and grandchildren living like the Soviets . . . and supported the Republicans big time.
Less than six months’ time separates us from November. This scenario, frankly, is far less probable than my previous scenario in which the GOP gets slaughtered. But this one is plausible.
What is one thing you can do to produce this outcome instead of the other?