“What did you learn today?” My dad asked me that question every night at dinner.
“Nothing,” I said.
Dad didn’t press. He wasn’t like that. But he planted a seed that’s been with me ever since. It was the curiosity seed.
Even though I never—or rarely—told him what I learned, I learned. And I noticed it.
You know those productivity tips that always say “do the most important thing first?” For me, the most important thing is to learn something new.
Here are the 5 best blogs in the world for learning something new every day.
- Barking Up the Wrong Tree (science-packed stories on why we do what we do)
- Don Peppers on LinkedIn (business and life)
- Letters of Note (great letters that you might have missed)
- Dan Ariely (psychology you can use)
- Lifehacker (everyday tips for better living)
From neuroscience and psychology through everyday practical tips, these are the 5 blogs that teach me something new every day of the week.
But I also learn from the people and experiences I live. For that lesson, I thank James Altucher at Altucher Confidential. Right now, James has a special place in my heart, so:
What’s your must-read daily blog?